Saturday 9 May 2009

Entry list incomplete

I've just spoken to Gordon Corran, husband of race secretary Elizabeth who is busy this morning with the Manx Youth Games.

There are still a few additional entries to be added to the database and so the list that appears at 12 today will not be the final one.

When I made the call there were 1505 entries. I refreshed the page as I was talking to Gordon and it had increased to 1508.

Although this is exciting following the final entries, it flabbergasts me that people wait for five and half months to enter (everyone who entered last year received a text on 1 December 2008; the website was launched on 1 December 2008 and the media publicity followed soon after) and then run into technical problems.

There is a definite message for next year. Get your entry in much earlier and then you have time to sort things out without the stress that it causes if your credit card won't work or you have some other problem.

On a scale of 1 to 10 my sympathy for the entrants is 1. On the same scale, my sympathy for the unpaid workers sorting out the problems it is 10.

No comments: